Saturday, January 11, 2014

Is your plan to lose weight this year?

 So just like every year I made a plan to lose weight and be HEALTHY this year. I mean lets not get carried away here I wanna be skinny but I want to be healthy getting there. So if you made a resolution to lose weight take some time to study it out! Don't do these crazy fad diets or weird expensive "plans" study it out. Find out a good healthy plan for yourself and start out small. I remember last year when I first started I was trying to do a work out video and I thought for sure I was going to die! I felt so bad and out of breath it was awful! I called Ryan in a complete panic and crying and was like when will this ever get easier!?? All he said was it's going to take a few weeks. So for the next few weeks I struggled. I chugged water and sat in front of the fan when I thought I was going to die until one day I realized I was doing over half of the video without even stopping for water. I could even do the whole video without running to the fan!

I'm saying all of that to say this, CELEBRATE your little victories! Losing weight and eating healthy can be hard. So if your goal was to lose 10 lbs. in a certain amount of time and you get on the scale and find out you only lost 7, PLEASE don't get discouraged! You lost 7 lbs! You probably lost a couple inches in your stomach and I bet your 20 minute mile is 15 or you can double the jumping jacks and sit ups from a month ago! Keep record of everything your doing and measure yourself! You wouldn't believe the difference it makes. We get to caught up on the "pounds lost" (myself included) so lets take off on this year with not so much of a concern as the actual pound but more about I've went down 2 pant sizes. Or I can run a mile without stopping, or I can eat my salad and drink my water for lunch and I actually enjoy it.

That was weird for me by the way. As much as I love junk food and comfort food I found myself craving my healthy food!

So let's make this a successful year of not just pounds lost but over all differences in every aspect of our health! Find a friend to keep in contact with daily! If you don't have one then let me know! I love texting people at 6:00 am about my work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment