Sunday, January 19, 2014

1 Week In.

So I've got an entire week behind me with this "lifestyle" change. I. Am. Loving. It. I feel so back to "myself" and my energy level is up beyond. Seriously it was getting bad. It was all I could do to make it until 4:00 just to get home and take a nap, wake up, do VERY LITTLE, and then go back to bed. I have stayed pretty busy lately but the exhaustion and draggy feeling was getting out of control! Until you actually switch all of your food up you just have no idea how bad you felt until you realize how good your feeling now. So try it ya'll!

Moving on.

So with my changes in my diet I have stayed so full. I keep up with my food on my fitness pal. You can add me - ashleighryan628@hotmail.com and It gives you a pie graph with your goal. Right now my goals are 50% carbs, 20% Protein, and 30% fat, those fats being "healthy fat" of course. And i've actually stayed within range really well. I also started pouring some chia seeds on pretty much everything I eat. The health benefits from everything i've read is beyond wonderful! They expand in your stomach and make you feel fuller longer. You should seriously try them! To me personally a bag of them is a bit expensive ranging on the brand its anywhere from $6-11.00 but a bag will seriously last for months. So its worth a shot!

My goal has been to drink 100oz. of water a day. Yeah.

Not been going so well.....

At all...

It is the absolute most hardest struggle!! I've been trying different things to help me get it down but I just don't know. So its definitely going to be a challenge!

I've also been taking different vitamins. I started taking magnesium and biotin. I take fish oil and I still take Catalyst and ThermoPlus which are from Advocare. I did the Advocare cleanse back in the spring and I loved it. From what i've studied out about it and the reviews I've read It seems  to be a safe program. I'm usually VERY hesitant about any type of supplements but I trust these and they aren't promised to be some type of "miracle" that does the work for you. They're an aid and you have to put the work into it. Check out those links! If you need any more info about Advocare and the challenge I'll help to the best I can or I can get someone for you!

So on Monday I started out with all of the healthy food and staying on track but I just wasn't feeling the exercise. Until I went back to Zumba on Thursday. If you've never read my blog then let me update you I use to regularly go to zumba, Its on Monday and Thursday from 6:30-7:30 at Gray Hawk Reformed Church and Ashley Judd is the instructor. It's wonderful, she's wonderful, and you should seriously come! If your thinking "oh i'll look crazy I can't do that, I'm too embarrassed" then stop thinking that. There is absolutely no time for anyone to be watching you because all everyone else is thinking is "I need water and I need to breath" So try zumba!! Going back thurs. was just the motivation I needed so now i'm pumped! My advice to anyone is to try zumba its really fun, fast paced and you will burn a TON of calories! When I'm at home I find some zumba on YouTube and do an hour or so by myself. I've found a lot of different ones and some are fun but they are actual professional dancers so it's a bit difficult to keep up with. I like to do these at home zumba routines at home you can watch them here and here. 1 hour of zumba can burn anywhere from 600-900 calories. Do I need to keep going on???

I'm not going to weigh or measure myself until Wed. Regardless of what the measuring tape or scale says, I already feel so wonderful! I'm just happy to be getting back into a healthy routine. YOU CAN DO THIS! Just start!

Peace out. -ash

No comments:

Post a Comment